The URJAK Fellowship has been rolled out as a part of Swachhta Fellowship Programme 2022. As a part of this programme the foundation aims to repair the school toilets built by the ONGC between 2014 to 2019 under Prime Minister’s Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan. It also tries to inculcate the practice of hygiene & sanitation and community ownership towards the built toilets through IEC activities. The URJAK Fellows will be placed at block levels for monitoring and surveying the condition of the school toilets and will actively be a part of the social change at ground level for a period upto 10 months.
To enable and ensure community ownership of the constructed toilets under Swachh Bharat Mission and inculcate positive behavioural changes to bring a sense of responsibility among the people and public authorities.
To get SWACHH VIDYALAYA toilets repaired and promote adoption of improved hygiene, usage of toilets and maintenance of hygienic practices in a sustainable manner. WASH will be an important guiding force in raising awareness in the schools and community.
Objectives of Fellowship
- To survey 7958 toilets in 5451 schools and estimate the cost for the repair of the dysfunctional toilets.
- To get the repair work done of the identified dysfunctional toilets in the school.
- To ensure community ownership and engagement for the usage and maintenance of the toilets.
- To educate and raise awareness on sanitation and hygiene under WASH guidelines.
- To bring and promote positive behavioral change among the students and people in and around the school.
- To involve public authorities in building community ownership and raising awareness on importance of hygiene and sanitation.
- Through fellowship model, train and engage youth in social sector projects for building better understanding of the developmental and social issues.
- Through fellowship, build future leaders in the social and development space.
- To ensure sustainability through positive behavioral change.
Bachelors In Any Discipline/Diploma In Mechanical/Electrical/Civil.
- A bachelor’s pass-out in 2021 or Completed bachelor’s in or after 2020.
- Students anticipating final results can also apply.
- Must own a smartphone for geo-mapping.
- Must have a two-wheeler vehicle with a driving license.
- Must have proficiency in English, Hindi, and required local languages.
- Communication skills are required to manage with the Government Authorities, school authorities, community people and vendors.
- Coordination with other Urjaks and team members.
- Negotiable skills to work with local vendors.
- Problem identification and solution-oriented.
- Must know how to handle workshop organization and management.
- Must know how to handle labor-oriented difficulties.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As an URJAK Fellow, you will be entitled to the following responsibilities:
- Surveying Functionality of Toilets Constructed by ONGC Under Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan.
- Networking with Different Stakeholders such as Schools, Government Authorities, Vendors and community.
- Ensuring Repair Work Is Done for Identified Dysfunctional Toilets.
- Identifying & Training Block Level IEC/IPC Resource Teams on Wash.
- Conduct IEC Session and create Awareness on “WASH” with Various Stakeholders.
- Effective Monitoring and Implementation of Project.
How can this fellowship be beneficial to you?
The ONGC Foundation is an esteemed organisation that provides the fellows with an opportunity to learn while getting a real time experience.
- The Fellowship is entitled towards a stipend of Rs.7500/- + travel allowances to ensure financial support.
- The candidate will be issued an experience certificate.
- The candidate will gain on field, professional experience, and team building.
- The candidate will have an opportunity to build their network.
- The candidate will get exposure with public authorities.
- The candidate will get an opportunity to understand the grassroots level of the society.
- The candidate will directly contribute towards social change and nation building.
How to Apply?
The candidate is required to apply through the google form attached below before 4th of September 2022.